Video Editor (Live Action)
The Good Ideas Group (GIG) is a fast-growing creative consultancy specialising in health-related storytelling for clients of all sizes. Our team of 16 includes experts in all aspects of video, digital and print creativity. We’re a little bit old-school in how we still think working together and sharing ideas makes our work stronger and our working days more enjoyable.
We’re looking for a live-action editor at an early-ish career stage who can share in our passion for creating emotionally impactful video content that does some good in the world too.
A technically confident, ambitious and creatively minded editor, with experience in and passion for live-action editing (interviews, documentaries, short films, corporate), who is motivated to participate in all stages of video production – from concept, to filming and production, to final delivery. An understanding of storytelling is essential, as we work primarily for healthcare clients and it’s all about bringing people – and their experiences as patients – to life.
Background: We are a dynamic, multidisciplinary in-house team of 16, half of whom work in our video department. We are producers, directors, editors, coders, designers, illustrators, animators, writers, sound designers and creative directors – operating within a ‘no walls, no titles’ structure. This means that individual passion, ambition and motivation are put ahead of experience or job descriptions. We are seeking to expand our strong team with a young, ambitious, hard-working live-action editor.
We are after a collaborative, positive ‘ideas person’ as much as a technical implementer. Good chemistry with our team is important. Though live-action editing will be the primary focus, this candidate will be a good thinker, a proactive communicator, and keen to learn other skills which could include:
- Concept development and storyboarding
- Live-action shoot work including logistics, production
- Integration of motion graphics (2D/3D) – a frequent feature of our live-action work
- And anything else of interest, from scripting, music/SFX, to direction. If it’s to the benefit of both the employee and GIG, we will always invest time and money in training our people towards new skills.
- If you already have any of these additional skills/interests, let us know in your application.
- Educated to A-Level or beyond
- Very familiar in, and capable with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Attention to detail when it comes to dialogue timing, seamless cuts and continuity
- Understanding of colour grading, and sound processing
- Highly organised with their project and media management
- A desire to broaden knowledge and skills
- Ability to take and adapt to performance feedback
- Ability to stay motivated, work hard and remain calm under pressure
- Good communication and team worker
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Genuine interest/passion for stories and storytelling
- Experience in directing shoots
- Familiarity with and experience of corporate video editing
- Understanding of camera equipment, lighting and sound
- Experience in healthcare communications
If you’ve read this far through the ad you’ve got the kind of attention to detail we need, and we invite you to put “THOROUGH” in capital letters somewhere in your cover note to us. Basically, we don’t care if you have worked in corporate video for years, or are fresh out of university, as long as you have the timing instincts and tonal judgment so vital to live action edits, and you are eager to grow within a team of like-minded people.
Please send a cover letter, CV and showreel in the first instance. Any application that lacks either element will be discarded, sorry.
Successful applicants will be invited to a 1-hour interview over, inevitably, Zoom. At this interview we can show you some of our work, find out more about one another, and take it from there. Candidates invited for a second interview will be invited to show us their skills in a small assignment that can be spread over several days but we ask that you don’t work for more than four hours on.
We look forward to hearing from you