The Good Ideas Group is looking for a Creative Director to elevate the branding/design division of our business.
About the Good Ideas Group
We are a 22-strong creative agency specialising in telling healthcare stories for blue-chip pharma, biotech, third sector and health service clients. We love knowing that our work, when we do it right, is improving the lives of people we’ll never meet. We create campaigns and content across all media, according to our three guiding behaviours:
- Be Good
- Make it Better
- Ask Questions
We have three core functions: Branding/Design, Video and Digital. This role will sit within the Design/Branding team, although the successful applicant will be involved across all teams, frequently.
About this role
The Good Ideas Group has carved a successful niche providing
- white label creative services to healthcare communications (PR/medcomms) agencies
- direct-to-industry services in a more traditional agency model
We are now actively focused on increasing the full-service share of our work, requiring us to increase our capacity for strategic creative thinking. That’s why we want to hire a Creative Director who knows how to generate award-winning concepts for clients, pitch with gusto, generate new business opportunities and bring something a little extra to our branding and design offering.
We’re restructuring the branding and design team, and this hire is the most important aspect of that process. We need someone to lead the team’s creative development and guide their creative output day-to-day. You’ll – initially – be working closely with GIG’s Managing Director, learning about creativity in the context of corporate healthcare. If you’re already working in our sector, you’ll have a major head-start.
You’ll be using your expertise to steer the creative direction of the team, put our work in the spotlight and generate leads. You’ll also work closely with our Art Director to ensure we produce considered and thoughtful work that always passes the ‘Good Ideas’ test: design that doesn’t just look good but that ‘does good’ too.
A shortlist of applicants will be invited to an interview, face to face in Farringdon if possible, remote if necessary for sixty minutes with Tim Gomersall, MD of the Good Ideas Group. A shorter list of applicants will be invited to a short chemistry session with the existing team, which we envision as a two-way Q&A. Selection will be made after that point.
What we’re looking for:
- A proven track record of at least 10 years in creative services, including several years as ACD or CD. Agency experience is a plus.
- A portfolio to discuss in-interview
- All applicants must be design-literate and capable with Adobe and Figma products.
- A strategy-first mindset, placing the creative brief at the centre of all considerations
- A track record of leading pitches creatively, and winning new and rewarding work
- Familiarity with – and ideally experience of – creativity for video and digital media
- A willingness to coach and guide people as well as critique work on-the-table
- Experience of working on fast-paced global accounts
- A full time employee (5 days) able to work from our Farringdon Office for at least three of those days
- Thorough people who’ve read this whole post thoroughly and therefore know to include the word ‘thorough’ in block caps somewhere in their application
What we don’t need:
- Healthcare experience (though it certainly won’t count against you)
- Ego / reluctance to embrace ideas from others.
60k – 90k range depending on:
- your experience and
- the level of team leadership you’re interested to provide in adjunct to the Creative Director role
Please be clear in your application about where you would expect your salary to sit in this range.